Appel commun signé par la LDH
European policies on immigration and asylum increasingly repre-sent a surrender to the ideology of sovereigntist governments. The new pact on immigration and asylum proposed by the European Commission indicates the path proposed in recent years by the xenophobic right wing: closures, rejections, repatriation, detention and only symbolic, derisory quotas, for legal access channels both for work and for requests for protection. Europe seems to have definitively chosen, failing to converge on minimum rules for access to rights, that the only possible agree-ment or viable way, is to denial of rights.What is happening in the so-called “Balkan route”, on the eastern border of the European Union, is the logical consequence of this political and cultural drift, and to give up the universal principles on which the European project is based. We don’t want and we cannot remain helpless facing the gra-vity of what happens in front of our eyes:
• Rejections at the border between Italy and Slovenia, where, in the name of an old and never used readmission agreement, the Ministry of the Interior of the Italian Government implemented over 1300 illegal rejections of potential asylum seekers in 2020, evading Italian and EU legislation and international conventions. A practice that was denounced and condemned by the Court of Rome, as serious and illegitimate.
• The repression and violence by the Slovenian and Croatian police against migrants who pass through their territory, rejecting these people at the Bosnian border, without accepting their asylum applications;
• The severe humanitarian conditions faced by thousands of mi-grants and asylum seekers in the makeshift camps of Bosnia.A situation that has made the eastern border of Europe into a new hell, without any rules and respect for the human being, where violence, persecution, forced isolation and abandonment seem to have become the only possible solution.
WE SAY NO!
It is not acceptable to remain indifferent to these sufferings and abuses.
We appeal to the European Union, its institutions, governmen-ts, civil society so that everyone assumes their responsibilities by committing to:
• to guarantee free movement within the community area, to as-sist and denounce violations of human rights;
• to activate an immediate evacuation to the European Union for people currently hosted in camps in Bosnia Herzegovina, with an equitable distribution between member states, with priority given to minors, families and people in need of health care;
• to ensure in the meantime the necessary resources and actions, also through bilateral agreements, for immediate humanitarian as-sistance in favor of all refugees living in inhumane conditions in the Bosnian province of Bihac and for the thousands of people victims of violence and long neglect the whole Balkan route.
RIGHTS AND SOLIDARITY FOR REFUGEES IN BOSNIA HerzegovinaWE INVITE TO JOIN THIS APPEALWE ALSO INVITE TO GIVE YOUR SOLIDARITY ON A HUMANITARIAN ACTION TO DELIVER BASIC NEEDS, FOOD PACKAGES AND WOOD TO THE REFUGEES IN LIPA CAMP
Comitato organizzatore del festival Sabir, Arci, Caritas Italiana, ACLI, CGIL con l’adesione di ASGI, Carta di Roma, A Buon Diritto
WITH THE PARTICIPATION OF:
ActionAid – AOI – ARCS – Associazione di Solidarietà Rete Radié Resch -Associazione Stella Verona – Centro Astalli – CES/ETUC – CGIL Lombardia -Comunità di Sant’Egidio – Chiesa Valdese Verona – Comitato Pace e Diritti Imola -CRID – EuropAsilo – European Civic Forum – Espacio sin Fronteras – FOCSIV – Focus Casa dei diritti sociali – Fondazione Archè – Fondazione Migrantes – Ligue des droits de l’Homme (France) – Legambiente – Lunaria – Medici del Mondo Italia – Mediterranean Hope – Movimento dei Focolari – Progetto mondo Mlal – Raimbow4Africa – Refugees Welcome Italia – Rete degli Studenti Medi – Senza Confine – SOLIDAR – transform!europe – UIL – Unione degli Universitari – UnionMigrantNet
Télécharger l’appel en pdf